Yes, we would love to have you as a guest author
About this website
Travel Hippi was created at the time we sold everything, adopted a minimalist lifestyle and begun the search for our paradise. It is a resource and inspirational site, with the strapline retire early … in spanish america
About our audience
Our strapline should give you a good idea of our audience.
One segment of our audience includes people that are thinking about, or actively planning early retirement. This age group is roughly between 35 and 55 years of age.
Another segment includes people who are close to retirement and who are actively researching suitable destinations in Spanish America. This group is slightly older with an average age of about 55.
Yet another segment represents people who enjoy a minimalist and financially independent lifestyle, with a love for travel. This group’s age range is between 30 and 60 years.
In summary: the three overlapping segments represent a mature audience with a prudent financial approach, valuing experience and happiness more than possessions.
What subject matter are we looking for?
Canonical articles need to complement one or more of the following categories:
- Retire Early
- Retire in Spanish America
- Advantages of and/or lessons learnt by living abroad
- Travel stories from Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile or Paraguay
We expect more than just content
We expect guest authors to contribute towards our blog communities, not just through blog content, but also through replies to comments on their posts. Any time someone comments on a post you have written, we expect you to respond to that comment.
Submission and post guidelines
- We only accept original work;
- No press releases;
- Posts must be submitted in a Word document;
- Images, including proper attribution, must be submitted in a separate folder (for reference, our blog is 700px wide);
- Posts must contain at least 750 words of body text, and include one relevant quote;
- Posts must include proper attribution of quotes, data and/or outside content;
- Posts must be written from an objective viewpoint and convey valuable information (useful know-how, practical advice and/or actionable tips);
- Submissions must include a 50-word bio about you and/or your blog, with one hyperlink to the blog.
Important to know
- We will reply to your submission, by email, within a week after receipt.
- Once we confirm that your submission is accepted for use, you cannot republish your guest post to any platform;
- We have the right to edit any part of an accepted submission, update it in future, and include calls-to-action to Travel Hippi content.
In addition, we will gladly discuss any issue or suggestion you may have
Please email admin [at] travelhippi [dot] com with your pitch or post, and make sure to start the subject line with “fineprint”
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The Travel Hippi Team